- I have seen fire rated wood used in commercial structures, but not
residential. Why is that?
- Fire rated wood has been used for a number of
years in commercial structures where required by building codes and the
trend toward using fire rated framing materials in residential construction
is just now underway. Within a few years most residential construction will
use fire rated framing materials.
- What are the concerns about using a treated wood product indoors?
- Our products are certified for Low VOC emissions and are safe to use indoors,
including sensitive areas such as classrooms and medical facilities.
- Why is it important to select UL® Classified
products for fire rated construction?
- Pyro-Guard® fire
rated products have passed the critical testing and continuing quality
control necessary to be UL® Classified. This is your assurance of
- Are there special job site considerations for fire rated wood?
- Fire rated lumber and plywood works and installs exactly the same as
untreated wood products using standard nails and fasteners.